Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mom, Are You Okay?


Okay, I STILL don’t have time to blog, but sometimes funny stuff just happens and it would be a crime not to share.

So I’m on a never-ending deadline—sleep-deprived, cranky, and low on reserves. The kids are on day three of summer vacation. Big A. is out of town. ANNNDDDD…there’s a tropical storm.

Not that a storm’s a big deal, but we do get a wee bit housebound without the pool. A kid’s gotta burn the energy a kid’s gotta burn and all that. The good news is that, tropical systems notwithstanding, we had to make a foray out into the wet to feed the scrapbook habit, so that used up about 0.00009% of their energy…and about 90.99991% of mine.

So I was hiding from the kids in the bathroom for a minute. Totally hiding. Didn’t even have to go. Just checking Facebook.

Oh, look, funny dog video! I play the video.


Heeheehee! That reminds me of our production of Midsummer Night’s Dream. I should share it. I play the video again. [Do it--it's funny!]

I start to hear hushed voices. They gradually come closer.

“That was in the yard!” Little A. sounds nervous.

“I really think that was coming from Mommy’s bathroom. Mommy, are you okay?” S. calls out.

Um, not really. I’m laughing so hard that I can’t breathe, let alone answer you. That was NOT me, you goofballs!

“Mommy?” Little A. sounds really nervous. The gasping noises probably aren’t helping.

“Mommy, is that you?”

“Be right out!” I gasp, turning on the faucet to wash my hands.

As they walk away I hear, “Mommy sounded like an angry animal!”

Maybe I’m a bit punchy, but that was the best laugh ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment