1. When we’re not taking responsibility, multi-tasking, and setting good examples, moms are snarky, witty, and hilarious.
2. Canoeing is all about partnership.
3. I don’t care what you’re doing, it works differently at 39 ½ than it did at 20.
4. Nine out of ten moms pack PBJ sandwiches in their OWN lunchboxes.
5. Getting a sixteen by six inch, L-shaped bruise on your thigh will win the respect of a four-year-old boy. It may also frighten your husband.
6. Kayaks are fun. Period.
7. I can tie a bowline—every time, with or without a post, and even backwards!
8. After a nine-hours-in-boats day, mimosas may look really, really, really good….
9. There is no substitute for common sense.
10. In two feet of mud, everything sucks. Literally.