Monday, April 16, 2012

Nine Hours of Small Boat Training

Top Ten Things I Learned in Nine Hours of Small Boat Training


1.     When we’re not taking responsibility, multi-tasking, and setting good examples, moms are snarky, witty, and hilarious.
2.     Canoeing is all about partnership.
3.      I don’t care what you’re doing, it works differently at 39 ½ than it did at 20.
4.       Nine out of ten moms pack PBJ sandwiches in their OWN lunchboxes.
5.       Getting a sixteen by six inch, L-shaped bruise on your thigh will win the respect of a four-year-old boy. It may also frighten your husband.
6.       Kayaks are fun. Period.
7.       I can tie a bowline—every time, with or without a post, and even backwards!
8.       After a nine-hours-in-boats day, mimosas may look really, really, really good….
9.       There is no substitute for common sense.
10.   In two feet of mud, everything sucks. Literally.

1 comment:

  1. After going kyaking for the first time a couple of years ago, I learned rapidly that I truly was the most uncoordinated human being ever put on the planet, especially evident when the Swamp Guide had to tow me in order for me to be able to stay with the rest of the group. To quote Scarlett O'Hara..."as God is my witness, I will never set foot in a kayak again."

    But I am impressed with YOUR perseverance!

    ReplyDelete