Saturday, May 5, 2012

Three Billion Parenting Points


Following a discussion of texting at the table….

Dad: So we should talk to people at the table, not text.
S.: What if people talked to each other with their phones?
Dad: People talk by talking.

Three billion parenting points to Big A. for using lyrics from Too Much Joy’s cover of“That’s a Lie” as a part of effective, responsible, positive teaching.

If you don’t know what I mean, listen to the song here.

But not around your kids.

Or your parents.

Or possibly your spouse.

But I hope not, because it would really be too bad if you and your spouse couldn’t enjoy TMJ together.

Unless, course, you don’t like it.

In which case, stop listening.

Okay, I think I’ve blown the contemporary one-sentence-witty-dry-punchline-paragraph thing sky high.

I’m going to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment