Sunday, June 3, 2012

For or Against


I don’t know how I feel about this whole impending summer vacation thing. Whether I’m for or against, it, it’s coming.

Pro: I can work out before breakfast without waking up at 5:30am.
Con: I have to work out before breakfast because the kids are around All. Day.

Pro: I don’t have to make lunch every morning.
Con: I get to listen to all the requests, complaints, and opinions related to lunch in person.

Pro: My husband loves the weather.
Con: There simply aren’t words for how much I despise the heat.

Pro: Swimming!
Con: A dog swimming eventually comes inside…

Pro: No fitting errands around car line time.
Con: Taking kids on errands.

Pro: Flowers grow without any effort on my part.
Con: So do weeds.

Pro: Wildlife everywhere.
Con: Bugs, too.

Pro: No brutal, daily, grinding school and activity schedule.
Con: Random and varied camp scheduled punctuated by kids’ ideas for activities.

In the end, I guess it’s a wash. At least it’s a change, giving us time to stretch and flex different muscles for living.

I have a feeling this summer heralds lots of growth for us. Besides, despite their current infinitely annoying habits, the kids are a lot of fun. I plan to take every excuse to hang with them, enjoying this time between diapers and driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment