The little things are big. And, of course, so are the big things. And I am hugely grateful for all of them!
This list is all over the map and not necessarily complete, but right now I am thankful for…
- Five days without car lines, buses, or lunches to make.
- A visit with family—and even better, family members who love to cook!
- Working with fantastic, talented authors on a daily basis.
- Our dog.
- Sunshine and cool breezes.
- Sarcasm. Not really. I actually don’t appreciate sarcasm at all.
- My phone.
- That my body has held out so far. Cross your fingers for me—Tough Mudder’s December 1!
- Learning, teaching, enlightening, becoming.
- The stars.
- That a few bags of mulch make our yard look like we take care of it.
- The phenomenal school communities our children have.
- Our church.
- That I’m finally learning how to say no sometimes.
- Bodies of water.
- All the amazing friends that grace my life—from the trenches of small-town life, from camp, from W&L, from theaters everywhere, from the trenches of mom life, and from all the other parts of this crazy journey called my life. I wouldn’t be here without you all!
- Facebook. (see previous item)
- My siblings. You’re all freaks, and I love you.
- That two one-of-a-kind, brilliant, passionate people joined our family. Watching our children grow beats any other paycheck in the world.
- That my husband has been my best friend for nearly twenty years. He still makes me feel young, safe, and able to do anything.
I’m really grateful to you for checking in with this blog! I’ve just hit 2000 views, and it feels great to connect with you all. Enjoy a fabulous holiday with people you love. Be safe!