Monday, February 6, 2012

Bizarre Things I Love About My Kids

So, I'm not taking work time to blog--really. I jotted these down last week and thought I'd share today. I need the lift! 

Break's over--grindstone, here I come.

S. can grow anything. Seriously. She gave her teacher a palm tree she grew from a nut. We have a four-foot oak tree in the backyard that she grew from an acorn. You know that thing little kids do with beans, a paper towel, water, and a clear plastic cup? She not only planted the plants and kept them growing, the plants PRODUCED BEANS! We harvested six of them last week.


A. wants to be a space scientist when he grows up. No fooling. Thanks to him I know what the Kuiper (rhymes with viper) Belt is. He grabs me at odd moments to recite the moons of Jupiter or tell me Uranus is the sideways planet. Well, he recently freaked out about a MINISCULE spider in the bathroom, so I told him to calm down, it’s not the end of the world.

He looked at me and said, “Mommy, the world is round. It doesn’t have ends.”

No comments:

Post a Comment